And here, on Monday, I share the ten books that formed me as a writer, in no particular order ...
- Life of Pi by Yahn Martel
- The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
- The Virgin Suicides: A Novel by Jeffrey Eugenides
- The Complete Stories by Flannery O'Connor
- Walking on Water: Reflections on Faith and Art by Madeleine L'Engle
- The Lais of Marie de France by Marie de France
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- A Timbered Choir: The Sabbath Poems 1979-1997 by Wendell Berry
- Waiting for God by Simone Weil
- The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
Join with Sarah Bessey and others this week? Sarah will be sharing 10 books a day for the next seven days that hold some particular significance for her. You know I'm a big fan of Sarah, so I can't wait to see what makes her lists.
Tomorrow evening, I'll share ten books that are classics I hold tenderly close.
But tell me today, what books formed you into a writer?