It's that time again, another Formica Friday---though today, on a Saturday and late!---a treasure trove of hodgepodge, random tidbits, and a bit of this and that. In particular, it is the place where I can celebrate the best posts I read this past week and want to share with you. This week, in pictures:
Posts, websites, trinkets, and the Internet week in review revue. A quote, a link. Perhaps you'll click through:
- "I wonder if Protestantism doesn't suffer from its democratization of sainthood. Because if everyone is a saint then no one is a saint ..." -- Richard Beck, Do You Want To Be a Saint?
- "I don't like this proof that I am not good or kind. I don't like the welling of prickly pride and self-righteousness and thinking I know best." -- Leigh, I Don't Want To Fix It
- "A few days ago I noticed the first pimple I’d had in weeks and my heart leaped for joy. My greasy skin is back. Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia." -- Margaret, Do you want to be well?
- "I’m beginning to believe that our task is to share the voice He gives us and leave the rest up to Him." -- Amy, Your Words & Art as Worship
- "and i feel it. repentance. the sorrow from knowing that as a sinner, i am, in part, responsible for their hunger." -- Emily, when you’re trying to feel repentant, and can’t
- "Because spiritual quarrels aren’t won by the one with the strongest words but the one with the strongest grip on peace." -- Duane, how to survive when someone attacks your faith